Monday 3 November 2008

Inspiration?!

Now a proper post, or not, to be honest I have been lacking proper inspiration or what I think is inspiration to write in my blog.. This writing up (my first year PhD report) is basically killing me and I cant see the day I finish this up and go on holiday, rewarded though!
I remember when I was doing only lab work I wanted to have some time to write something, and actually I think that should be the right way to do a good research not only performing bench experiments but intercalating them with a good reading and writing. However I reckon very little amount of people have that disciple and mostly everyone sticks to either do experiments or writing/reading but basically while doing one of them I seek to do another one (very human though).
My lack of inspiration is then not only regarding my blog but the bloody thesis-like report where I drop a few lines per hour, sort of a slow motion writing with the uncertainty of the sense of whatever I am writing plus the certainty that I will regret not having had more time to write it when time meets the deadline.. I feel that I am very good working under pressure and only when something is on due I am able to brilliantly make it happen (although always with a significant amount of psychological and physical effort like skipping night sleep and so on..)

For now I just feel so numb, most of my feelings are asleep and just a few of them are awake but just in a certain form of awareness, well, I cant explain, feelings are hard to explain and suddenly I just found the perfect song for today.. (yet out of the classics I said I would collect here and I WILL with time .. )



Unable so lost
I can't find my way
Been searching, but I have never seen
A turning, a turning from deceit

Cos the child roses like
Try to reveal what I could feel

I can't understand myself anymore
But I m still feeling lonely
Feeling so unholy

Cos the child roses like
Try to reveal what I could feel
But this loneliness
It just won't leave me alone

I'm fooling somebody
A faithless path to roam
Deceiving to breath this secretly
This silence, a silence I can't bear

Cos the child roses like
Try to reveal what I could feel
And this loneliness
It just won't leave me alone
And this loneliness,
It just won't leave me alone, ohh no

A lady of war

A lady of war

No comments: