Sunday 31 October 2010

HTC desire .. FAULTS .. A great phone turning into a huge deception

Unfortunately I feel I have to write about this topic as to publish my experience with my HTC desire phone since many of you may consider buying one, or because it was released a few months ago and is probably already a too old model, you maybe facing the same or similar troubles as me, then I am sharing my disappointment..


I bought this phone in April, not even 6 months ago, it was a planned decision as I had thoroughly looked into several models before I decided to buy this one.

It was absolutely alright for the first 3 months, with the exception of the battery that would not last a whole day if I would be using the phone for a bit more than phone calls, like to play a game or surf the web. In those cases it was like taking the phone from the charger at 8.30am and then at 8.30 pm it would be switching off, death without any battery, but ok..

Then it comes the SERIOUS problems..
first the volume rocker wouldn't allow me to decrease the volume but only increase it.
This fault was followed by the "track ball" button not working at all as for opening an app for example.
Then on top of that the phone started to switch off by itself without a reason! From time to time, once or twice a week I would find out that my phone was off inside my bag although I didn't touch it or it run out of battery. I would restarted and it would work normally except for the faulty buttons..
Following these already very annoying faults, it came the worst one: the automatic rebooting!! Basically that consisted of every time I was starting the phone it would go into a loop of booting without stopping, unless I just press the track ball button during the booting process (something Pedro discovered). On top of that this would also happen spontaneously, as like my phone being on my desk and all of a sudden starting the rebooting loop non stop! Freakish right?

Confronted with so many faults and trouble I went to the Vodafone shop where I had bought it from and it was sent for repairing.
It took a month before it was ready and today I went to the shop to get it back, where I was told that it was a big fault and basically all the hardware had being replaced and I was getting a "new phone".
I came home, charged the device, then switched it on and it seemed to be alright.

track ball working - check OK
Volume rocker - check OK

didn't do any of the freakish stuff.. - OK

but when I was reinstalling my apps, probably just 30 minutes after switching it on the volume rocker stopped working as well as the track ball. I tried to restart the phone and all I got was a white screen with some sort of "code"!! and it was totally frozen! Now I can't reboot it, it just shows that white panel with code and nothing else, nothing works at all!!!
How frustrating and disenchanting is this? I am really pissed off with this phone and it is very unlikely I will ever buy another HTC in my life!

Besides, after this happening today I browsed the internet for similar problems with "HTC desire" and found an enormous number of people complaining about the same problems!!!

I question.. is it only about doing fancy phones... that last what, 3 months?? We are yet there, I believe...

22 comments:

alex uren said...

my phone, htc desire, also turns itself off, even during conversations. nearly every day i have to reboot it before i can get my emails. occasionally it freezes with a white screen but with 3 little green robots on skateboards at the bottom of the screen & some sort of code in the top left part of the screen. when this happens i have to remove the battery & then replace it to restart the phone as if it was from new. The people at telstra were bloody useless. Never again a htc & never again telstra.also a 7 year old nokia gets much better reception than this dud.

Pippa said...

Hi Alex,

I know exactly how you feel. Yet I was probably more lucky that after almost two months fighting with vodafone they replaced that junk with a brand new same phone that so far has not be problematic at all, to the contrary, works very well. I maintain my position though and I will be very reluctant when buying another HTC in the future. Before I had only had Nokia and never had a problem they all still work, they are just old fashion. I wuld still encourage you to get that you repaired/replaced if you still have the guarantee.

JJ said...

HI

I also fot the HTC desire. When in one of its reboot loops i pressed the optical trackpad button. Now when i switch it on, it just stays in a continues state with its white background screen and the HTC name in the centre. Please help. How can i get it back to its original settings?

Anonymous said...

I have had two HTC desire hd's. Both shit. First lasted about 6 months. 2nd lasted less than 3. Total crap. HTC mugged me.

Unknown said...

Thanks for writing this post... Lot of information is there in this and i really love this website and its HTC Screen Repair UK services.

Unknown said...

Good post…. Thanks for posting this post. For more details you just go with htc one m8 screen repair uk

Unknown said...

Good post…. I like it and more details go with this htc one m8 screen repair uk

Unknown said...

Given information is Very Useful to us... But could you provide more information about iPad Repair Manchester

Unknown said...

Good information… We need more information about Mobile Phone Repairs Manchester

Unknown said...

Very informative Post for HTC Smart Phone Users,Repair you HTC Mobile at Htc One m8 Screen Replacement UK

Unknown said...

Given information is useful to us and for more details you go through with Phone Repairs Manchester

Unknown said...

Thanks for providing this information… Who want to know about repair services then can go with mobile phone Repair Edinburgh

Unknown said...

Great Post.Get Your Nokia Mobile Phones,Tablets Fixed @ Affordable Price @ Mobile Phone Repairs Preston

Eva Brookes said...

Very Informative one.Be it be any Brand of Your HTC Mobile Phones,Get it FIXED @ Htc One M8 Screen Repair UK

hgfhdg said...

Really Good Service Offered By Manchester Phone Repairs UK For My iPhone Repairs Nottingham

Unknown said...

Thanks.Got My HTC One M8 Fixed @ Mobile Phone Repairs Manchester

Eva Brookes said...

At Mobile Phone Repair Plymouth Got My htc one m9 Scree replaced very cheaply.

Unknown said...

Htc Screen Repair UK is the Best Place for Your HTC Mobiles to get Fixed at Low Price.

Unknown said...

I got my mobile repaired in dell repair centre nottingham th broken screen was fixed and its appears as new one
mobile phone repair centre nottingham this is amazing place.

James Smith said...

Great blog of iphone repair we use only genuine, value, and manufactured approved parts for replacement. All our Repairs are done by using genuine parts.Thanks for sharing........
Iphone repair Liverpool

Aslay Sin said...

To consider obtained on your own website however establishing therapy simply just a tiny bit of submits. Pleasant technique for prospective upcoming, We have been book-marking at a stretch protected kinds quit goes up with each other. cheap iphone repair las vegas

Cell Phone Repair Solutions said...

I'm glad to know. I admire the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer. Good information shared about tools for mobile repair.