Friday 25 February 2011

Sailing progress

This is an overdue post that comes in sequence with "the dream" that refers to the so-wanted sailing around the world trip :) So from the title you can guess that I am making some progress towards that dream. I say it is overdue because there has been two weeks since I made such progress. Basically I have now completed the off-shore sailing course that allows me to navigate almost everywhere but only theoretically.. I learnt about tides, streams, wind, maps, navigation, weather, equipments, ropes, bla bla bla, so that I can sit down and plan a safe journey somewhere accouting for almost everything. It was a very useful course although a bit boring, as I cant help finding boring to be sat in a classroom listening to someone for hours. After three weekends of waking up at 7am Saturdays and Sundays and driving to Hull for the classes, then coming back in the evening, it was very exhaustive of course. And Hull is dull, it is really ugly. Overall and most importantly, theory is mastered and I am now waiting to do the practice. There will be courses running from May on, so very soon me and my boyfriend should be enrolled in one of those. Yet, we thought about trying Cornwall this time instead of Hull for the sake of some nice landscapes hehehe

4 comments:

Ricardo Santana said...

de onde ès?
mricsanmundo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

muito bom excelente!

cheap bloc hornet online said...

Id love to sail around the world but I have a few health issues I need to resolve first, one day I may achieve my dream!

sailing school said...

I have now completed the off-shore sailing course that allows me to navigate almost everywhere. This is a very challenging course.