Monday 1 September 2008

Plagiarism or how the proteins are synthesized, shown by a bunch of freaks!

Last time I visited my university ex class blog, that you can access here http://sexyhote.blogspot.com/ (written in Portuguese by the way), and where I took part in the past but never really wrote anything, I found the following video which I found so awesome that I couldn’t resist publishing it in my own blog.

It has so much to do with what I do although at the first sight it just looks like a bunch of freaks swinging and dancing around while an idiot freaky song plays. NO offence but really gets me an idea of a Hippie camping in the 70s where a group of hippies decided to do a colourful choreography!

BUT NO... that’s nothing like that!

It’s impressive but this video is SCIENCE and it is so good that I really believe that mostly everyone understands the protein synthesis after watching this! The video is long but worths the time to watch. Has a 3 minutes introduction where Paul Berg, Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1980 explains what’s going on and then, ENJOY!
This amazing educational film was used in schools to teach biochemistry to the kids!





Description of the film:Directed in 1971 by Robert Alan Weiss for the Department of Chemistry of Stanford University and imprinted with the "free love" aura of the period, this short film continues to be shown in biology class today. It has since spawn a series of similar funny attempts at vulgarizing protein synthesis. Narrated by Paul Berg, 1980 Nobel Prize for Chemistry.

No comments: