Friday 26 September 2008

Translating 'Querer e Poder'

Querer e Poder is a Portuguese saying I wrote in yesterday's post and I translated to english as 'wishing something is the way to get it'. However this translation is not completely right therefore the meaning is more: wanting something is the way to get it! (Don’t want to misteach my foreign readers :) and by the way, the person I mentioned a few days ago (See the post "Portugez in a Where's Waldo brand new version!!") who didn’t know about Portugal as a country and bla bla bla, today just greeted me with a 'Boa tarde' in good portuguese! But still it deserved the nice funny post!!

To finish I am gonna leave you with a song! The following song is from a Portuguese kind of hip-hop band. They are cool, very very popular among young generations. I think whether this would play in the UK they would get really loved! I am not a big fan but I listen to these guys since my 14s and they are from my hometown, Almada. I have been to several concerts and it is a good fun!




Sorry but not going to translate ;)

No comments: