Tuesday 9 September 2008

A lot more of Greece!

Santorini


Last time I published photos from my holiday trip I haven’t yet got the photos from Margarida's camera... I still find a little bit unbelievable how did they managed to survive a 6 meters dip in the Mediterranean sea.. Only Margarida could do so..

You know when you are on a boat? What would be the last thing to do? Imagine you have some special belongings, like your phone, your wallet, your purse full of credit cards or nice family/children photos or your almost brand new 300€ camera with all photos from your holiday.. Well, I am also pretty sure that you would be careful enough not to leave items like these place on the edges of a boat that as every one knows always rocks even when the sea looks flat and calm..

That’s exactly what one should do but Margarida does not agree or or she was too drunk to use her brain when she simply placed her camera just in the edge of the boat side surface.. more or less the most slippery place and of course within seconds it just dropped into the water where it (I imagine) slowly dived before it found the yellow sand in the bottom roughly 6 meters below.

Margarida cried for her sake and for mine before she was brave enough to call my name to tell what so silly thing she had just done. She started: "it happened the worst thing that could ever happen so far".. Concerning her voice I though about the worst things one can do but never ever thinking about the camera.. I couldn’t talk to her for one hour after she told me the story..

Nevertheless the camera return to our hands on the next morning thanks to the boat sailor who kindly dived to find the camera!

The camera I might say looked just like a portable aquarium full of water inside.. Just fishes were missing, was such a big laugh! The memory card survived the up to 12 hours underwater and the photos were intact!

Then thanks to this little big adventure I had something to say today and an excuse to post a few more photos of this trip all from that diver camera!

Check them out ;)

Me and Margarida on the boat just minutes before the incident...

So many places ideal for two..


There were always these specimens on the water

White beatiful villages kindly placed on cliffs turned to an awesome sunset and a still active vulcano.. Santorini



I quite agree but when a student things work a little bit diferently.. Greece is bloody expensive for drinks!

White churches everywhere in cycliades and but the vulcano only in Santorini

No comments: