Tuesday 24 February 2009

To wait or not to wait (although the last option is not an option)

How horrible is the act of waiting???
To wait is like something is already set up, everything is ready for it but it doesn't happen due to one or some certain circumstances that need the time to pass.. that's the WAITING TIME..
The WAITING time is very subjective of course but it is usually very painful either for good or for bad. It is an assumption that inevitably something is going to happen after a certain time subsequently it just enhances the expectancies of the person who waits..

Examples from the quotidian:
I feel hungry at 12:00 but the lunch break is set for 1pm. Have to wait for the lunch time. The stomach aches, the head is felling dizzy, sick, I am so hungry that I cant work anyway.. But I have to WAIT!
Queue for the tilt in the supermarket.. thats fair enough but if it is too long?
Wait for the exam.. driving exam, any exam.. its like an exam is going to be done after a certain time.. but most of the times would be just better to do it straight away instead of counting down the days and get more and more nervous and anxious.

there are so many things we have to wait for everyday.. wait for the bus! thats one of the worst for me specially because in the morning the bus is always late and there are periods, long periods, of waiting time, thats wasting time..

Prisoner is waiting for he's dead sentence.. that must be very hard waiting time, in this case I reckon he would rather wait forever but if that is going to happen anyway maybe it would be quicker the better.

But why all this speech?? Because I had to introduce the topic that is most present in my mind and life at the moment!

Basically in the end of January/beginning of February I started looking for a new place to move in, I wrote a post (here) about it as well. That means that since then I am WAITING to get a new home and move there and start my life there, get use to it, make it look nice and comfortable and like a really nice home.. That was almost one month ago when I chose the place to live, paid a massive amount of money just to reserve it and I am currently still waiting to get in there!! Can you believe this? Remember my post about the shoes and Amazon and the incompetency of certain human beings (check it out)... its just again the same thing I think. I think one again I am confronted with another bunch of incompetents crossing my way of being happy... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, that's so irritating! Its like, I am just renting a flat, ok? I am not buying anything. I am renting a little 1 bedroom apartment for a miserable amount of money (it is not cheap but I cant imagine if I would be renting a house with a few rooms or simply buying one...).. The agency advertises that this should take three day and eventually going up to one week.. But no, that's a lie!

And now you wonder that maybe I screwed up with my documents like I didnt get them all the information, or something like that. That's not true, everything is fine and right from my side since the beginning of the month, but still waiting! This waiting time is very very painful, like any waiting time of course, but this was something I wished so much, I want so much and is being delayed God knows why!
It is so annoying... but I have to be patient, thats what everyone would tell me and what comes to my mind just like a way to be civilized and not to go straight to the agency and start shouting and eventually biting them up... That's actually how I feel..

And thats it, I keep waiting with the hope in my hands that is is gonna be sorted soon and then I will show you my little beautiful Aquarium ;)))

1 comment:

Pedro Ferreira said...

Just want to claim my ownership over the term Aquarium when refering to our house ;P