Monday 9 January 2012

In a different world

Hello world!

That's me back to life... guess what? I submitted my thesis, and all of a sudden everything became bright and colourful again! Life is back in my veins and I feel alive again... And as for writing the blog I am back too :) not that it matters much, as I don't write that well nor I even write interesting stuff but for now I use it as entertainment! And for practising my writing as it turns out that it is not my strongest skill.. I realized that when I was writing up my thesis.. At times I realize that I could not really convey the message into readable and clear text.. I think that might have to due with the fact that I think much faster than I write, specially in a foreign language and therefore the text becomes confusing, and most times says nothing of what I had originally thought.. so I better dedicate my career to something where writing is not crucial to have success.. but as a perfectionist I am and because I realize it it quite important to write even if your life does not dependent on it.. I will put some effort in writing my blog and continuing using it to express myself, my thoughts and my experiences as I used to do when I started it.
Over the time during the last year I was rather absence. The Phd sucked all my free time, even my eating and sleeping time, so the blog became forgotten...
Now that it is almost over.. I am just waiting for the exam .. viva voce as it is known in the UK.. I have time to dedicate to writing some lines here, as often as I feel like.
As this post is only about coming back to blogging I am not going to speak about any other subject for now other than highlighting that I feel reborn!!
And that I am now dedicating my time to improving my life and finding a job.
At present I haven't yet got a clue of what I am going to do next or where I am going to be doing it.. as due to the job market it is difficult to tell where my job is going to be.. I will essentially apply everywhere to job positions I find somehow appellative and see what happens.. I am hopeful to get to some interviews at least.. At the same time I decided to learn another language, its either going to be Chinese, which I plan to start soon, but if I have to go to germany for a job, it will have to be german.. for obvious reasons... then another new year's resolutions, or new life's resolutions (shall be the correct way of saying it).. I also committed to learn how to program and do it religiously like a school course where I am going to dedicate some good time to it.. I find that nowadays one who cannot program is almost illiterate let alone the advantages it can bring with regard to finding a job or being involved in a particular task in the future.. so Chinese and programming are my focus for now while I will try to enjoy myself as much as I can, apply for jobs and perhaps even get a part time in a restaurant, bar or cafe to earn some money for the time being..

Lets see how it goes, I wish myself good luck and I must say I feel really good about it!

3 comments:

annmucc said...

Congrats on submitting! Do you have any idea when your viva will be?

Pippa said...

Hey Ann,
Thank you!! How's it going with u?
For my viva, I havent got an idea yet. I reckon it should be some time in March.. maybe.. xx

Annuca said...

I'm fine. Finished my PhD last year, and now working in Denmark as a materials consultant with Danfoss. So far it is going well. Good luck with your viva!